Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Broken Hearts

On December 3, 2017, I created a video for my YouTube channel that featured our darling little Chihuahua May whom we often call Bugaboo or Maybug. I did this because she is a part of my profile photo for everything I do online. I thought that introducing her to everyone would be a fun thing to do.

Little did I know that just seven days later, my husband and I would be saying goodbye to our "baby". On December 10, 2017, we had to let her go as her lungs were filling with fluid and she was slowly drowning. She'd been on Lasix for about three years and also heart medication but, this time, there was no turning back and no denying that it was time.

There is no way that I can share how I'm feeling in this blog post as I just don't have the words to tell you how much my heart hurts. What I do know is that my husband and I have a HUGE hole and emptiness within and around us. Everywhere we look there are reminders of her and the tears just have to flow - there's no stopping them. It's sooo quiet and lonely right now. Her absence is beyond feeling...

I know that she is still with us in Spirit, but not being able to hold her physically and see her big eyes looking back lovingly at us is so hard. Even as the fluid was filling her lungs and she was having such a hard time breathing, she still licked our noses as though trying to tell us she would be okay and loved us too.

The video that I put up on my YouTube channel will stay. It is cherished now more than ever by us and is our tribute to a beautiful little soul who asked for nothing and gave everything. We love you Maybug!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2018 SCORPIO FORECAST

This is the 2018 Scorpio Forecast featuring the Wee Folk Toracles deck. If you prefer, you can listen to this forecast on my YouTube channe...